Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Rachel and Tom's review article on amidation and transamidation was one of the most read articles in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry in 2013.
- Rachel and Pavel's paper on B(OCH2CF3)3-mediated amidation reactions was the fourth most read article in the past 12 months in The Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Congratulations to Persis who has been awarded her PhD!.
- Rachel and Tom's amidation review has been highlighted in Some Items of Interest to Process R&D Chemists and Engineers.
- Matt and Rob's work on the synthesis of 3-alkoxyfurans has just been published in Chemical Communications
- Persis's work on the synthesis of methylated benzaldehydes has just been published in Synlett.
- Tom gave a talk at the Institute of Cancer Research on Wednesday the 4th of September.
- Rob's work on alkyne cyclotrimerisation in collaboration with Helen Hailes and GSK has been published in Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis.
- Rachel and Tom's review on review on amidation and transamidation has been published in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Tom was promoted to 'Reader in Organic Chemistry' with effect from the 1st of October 2013!
- Tom and Jarryl have a paper with Professor Motherwell on aminocyclopropane synthesis just out in Angewandte Chemie. This work originally began during Tom's postdoc with Professor Motherwell!
- Tom and Rachel have contributed to work led by Dr Abil Aliev on molecular dynamics simulations of Proline and Hydroxyproline which has just been published in Proteins.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: email@example.com