Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Congratulations to Rachel who has been awarded her PhD! She has just finished a short postdoc with Helen Hailes and will be starting a new postdoc position at ICR shortly.
- Rachel and Tom's review article on amidation and transamidation was one of the most read articles in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry in 2013.
- Rachel and Pavel's paper on B(OCH2CF3)3-mediated amidation reactions was the fourth most read article in the past 12 months in The Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Rachel and Tom's amidation review has been highlighted in Some Items of Interest to Process R&D Chemists and Engineers.
- Matt and Rob's work on the synthesis of 3-alkoxyfurans has just been published in Chemical Communications
- Persis's work on the synthesis of methylated benzaldehydes has just been published in Synlett.
- Tom gave a talk at the Institute of Cancer Research on Wednesday the 4th of September.
- Rob's work on alkyne cyclotrimerisation in collaboration with Helen Hailes and GSK has been published in Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis.
- Rachel and Tom's review on review on amidation and transamidation has been published in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org