Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Tom's article about our B(OCH2CF3)3 amidation reagent has been published in the Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis.
- Welcome to Joe who has joined the group on a rotation project as part of the ISMB PhD programme in Structural, Computational and Chemical Biology.
- Welcome to Marco and Alice who have joined the group as new PhD students.
- Congratulations to Laure and Persis whose work on the synthesis and functionalisation of diallylindolinines has juse been published in Chemistry - A European Journal.
- Congratulations to Jarryl whose work on the regioselective dihalohydration of propargylic alcohols has just been published in Angewandte Chemie.
- Congratulations to Rachel who has been awarded her PhD! She has just finished a short postdoc with Helen Hailes and will be starting a new postdoc position at ICR shortly.
- Rachel and Tom's review article on amidation and transamidation was one of the most read articles in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry in 2013.
- Rachel and Tom's amidation review has been highlighted in Some Items of Interest to Process R&D Chemists and Engineers.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: email@example.com