Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Persis's work on the synthesis of methylated benzaldehydes has just been published in Synlett.
- Welcome to Fabiana who has joined the group as a postdoctoral researcher.
- Welcome to Valerie and Sally who have joined the group as PhD students.
- Welcome to Alice, Daniel and Anastasia who have joined the group to carry out their MSci research projects.
- Rachel and Tom's review article on amidation and transamidation is one of the most read articles in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Tom attended the Gregynog synthesis workshop this weekend.
- Rachel and Pavel's paper on B(OCH2CF3)3-mediated amidation reactions is the second most read article in the quarter April-July in The Journal of Organic Chemistry (behind the one about the NMR shifts of common solvents and impurities!).
- Tom gave a talk at the Institute of Cancer Research on Wednesday the 4th of September.
- Rob's work on alkyne cyclotrimerisation in collaboration with Helen Hailes and GSK has been published in Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis.
- Rachel and Tom's review on review on amidation and transamidation has been published in the European Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Tom will be promoted to 'Reader in Organic Chemistry' with effect from the 1st of October 2013!
- Tom and Jarryl have a paper with Professor Motherwell on aminocyclopropane synthesis just out in Angewandte Chemie. This work originally began during Tom's postdoc with Professor Motherwell!
- Tom and Rachel have contributed to work led by Dr Abil Aliev on molecular dynamics simulations of Proline and Hydroxyproline which has just been published in Proteins.
- Tom gave a talk entitled 'Water Driven Synthesis: Formation and Activation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds' at Queen Mary, University of London on Tuesday the 9th of July.
- Matt won a prize for his talk at the Final Year UCL organic PhD talks day on Friday the 14th of June. He also gave a talk at the Ramsay medal symposium on Tuesday the 2nd of July.
- Our B(OCH2CF3)3 amidation reagent is now available commercially from Sigma-Aldrich (catalogue number RNI00014).
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org