Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Jarryl's work with Neil Millar's group on allosteric modulators of &alpha7 nicotinic receptors has been published in Neuropharmacology.
- Rob gave a talk at the SCI Postgraduate Symposium (South) on Thursday 21st May at the University of Southampton.
- One PhD positions are available in the group for projects beginning in Autumn 2015. Please see the opportunities page for details.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at the University of Durham Tuesday 24th of March
- Persis and Jarryl's work with Jas in Neil Millar's group on the synthesis and pharmacological properties of TQS analogues has just been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Synthesis and Applications of Aminocyclopropanes" at the "21st Annual Review Meeting" organised by the SCI Young Chemists' Panel and held at the SCI in London on Monday 10th of December
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Some Observations on the use of 'Design of Experiments' in Academic Chemistry" Dial-a-molecule meeting on statistical methods in chemistry held at the RSC in London on Monday 8th of December.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "New Synthetic Routes to Functionalised Molecular Frameworks" at the "8th Choshu-London Symposium" held at Yamaguchi University, Japan on Monday 1st of December. Thanks to Professor Akio Kamimura for organising a fantastic week in Japan!
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Boron Mediated Hydration and Dehydration Reactions" at the "Main Group Elements Conference" (mgec41) in Ube, Japan on Saturday 29th of November.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Formation and Activation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at Tohoku University in Sendai, Japan on Wednesday 26th of November.
- Tom's article about our B(OCH2CF3)3 amidation reagent has been published in the Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: email@example.com