Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Our B(OCH2CF3)3 amidation reagent is now available commercially from Sigma-Aldrich (catalogue number RNI00014).
- Rachel and Matt presented their work at the SCI southern postgraduate symposium at Imperial college London on the 25th of April.
- Rachel and Pavel's paper on B(OCH2CF3)3-mediated amidation reactions has been published in The Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- There is a PhD studentship currently available on a joint project between our group and Prof. Helen Hailes' group.
- Tom is part of a team led by Professor Gary Lye (UCL Biochemical Engineering) that was awarded a £1.92million grant to investigate in the EPSRC Sustainable Chemical Feedstocks call.
- Congratulations to Matt who was awarded a place to present a poster at the RSC Organic DivisionPoster Symposium for final year PhD students.
- Pavel, Fil and Jarryl's work on gold and acid catalysed halogenation of terminal and trimethylsilyl alkynes has just been published in Advanced Synthesis & Catalysis.
- A highlight on Rachel's poster at the ISACS-7 conference in Edinburgh is in Synform.
- Welcome to Kealon Fallon who has joined the group as an MSci project student.
- Welcome to Samantha Gibson who has joined the group as PhD student on a joint project with Derek Macmillan.
- Welcome to Dr Laure Benhamou who has joined the group as an EPSRC-funded postdoc.
- Congratulations to Fil who had his viva examination on Wednesday 12th September and passed subject to the completion of minor corrections.
- Tom's paper from the IME Boron XIV conference on Complexity-Generating Hydration Reactions via gold-catalyzed addition of boronic acids to alkynes has been published in Pure and Applied Chemistry.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org