Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Rob's work on selective dehydration of sugars to give tetrahydrofurans has been published in Chemistry - A European Journal.
- Valerie's work on direct amidation reactions of pharmaceutically relevant acids and amines has been published in Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry.
- Congratulations to Rob who has passed his PhD viva after completing some minor corrections.
- Our review on Palladium-catalysed oxidation of alkenes has just been published in Synthesis.
- Sam, Rachel and Laure's work on a chiral aldehyde for measuring the enantiopurity of primary amines has just been published in Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at Stockholm University on Thursday 11th of June.
- James won a prize for his talk "Investigating the Potential Role of Boron Compounds in Prebiotic Peptide Synthesis" at the 8th London SCI Undergraduate Research Symposium at Imperial College London on Tuesday 6th of June.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at a symposium organised by Heptares at Biopark, Welwyn Garden City on Tuesday 2nd of June.
- Jarryl's work with Neil Millar's group on allosteric modulators of α7 nicotinic receptors has been published in Neuropharmacology.
- Rob gave a talk at the SCI Postgraduate Symposium (South) on Thursday 21st May at the University of Southampton.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at the University of Durham Tuesday 24th of March
- Rob's work on the synthesis of endo cantharimides has been published in Chemistry - A European Journal.
- Persis and Jarryl's work with Jas in Neil Millar's group on the synthesis and pharmacological properties of TQS analogues has been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org