Welcome to the Sheppard Group website
Our research involves the development of new reactions in organic chemistry and their application to the synthesis of biologically active molecules. We are also interested in the application of organic chemistry in the study of biological processes. We are based in the chemistry department at UCL, situated in the heart of London.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at Stockholm University on Thursday 11th of June.
- James won a prize for his talk "Investigating the Potential Role of Boron Compounds in Prebiotic Peptide Synthesis" at the 8th London SCI Undergraduate Research Symposium at Imperial College London on Tuesday 6th of June.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at a symposium organised by Heptares at Biopark, Welwyn Garden City on Tuesday 2nd of June.
- Jarryl's work with Neil Millar's group on allosteric modulators of &alpha7 nicotinic receptors has been published in Neuropharmacology.
- Rob gave a talk at the SCI Postgraduate Symposium (South) on Thursday 21st May at the University of Southampton.
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Water Driven Chemistry: Activation and Formation of Carbon-Oxygen Bonds" at the University of Durham Tuesday 24th of March
- Rob's on the synthesis of endo cantharimides has been published in Chemistry - A European Journal.
- Persis and Jarryl's work with Jas in Neil Millar's group on the synthesis and pharmacological properties of TQS analogues has been published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Tom gave a talk entitled "Synthesis and Applications of Aminocyclopropanes" at the "21st Annual Review Meeting" organised by the SCI Young Chemists' Panel and held at the SCI in London on Monday 10th of December
Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 2467 Email: email@example.com